Your checklist for a healthy summer (part 1): Let’s get physical
Urban Upscale has developed a 3-part checklist so you have the information you need to make this your best summer yet. Part 1, below, focuses on physical activity. Watch for parts 2 and 3, with lists for smart eating and mental fitness.
You’ve probably heard the saying “summer bodies are made in the spring.” That means the time is now to focus on those activities that will have you feeling your best this summer (and beyond).
We know physical activity has benefits beyond weight loss, including improvements to heart health and mental/emotional health. Here are a few great options.
- Walk it out: Walking is a great way to get a bit of exercise and you already know how to do it. Consider local walking trails, area parks or just grab your walking shoes and stroll through your own neighborhood.
- Self Magazine workouts: Self has an entire section of their website dedicated to fitness and video instruction of key exercises. No more guessing if you’re doing that exercise correctly!
- Health.com Workouts: Similarly to Self, health.com offers instructional videos for various exercises. This site also features health-related news and information, like the story about the woman who taught a quarantine Zumba class for her neighbors right from her front porch.
- Planet Fitness “work-Ins”: Planet Fitness health clubs are offering free exercise classes in the privacy of your own home, each day at 7pm eastern time. Each “work-in” session has a different theme, with something for everyone.
- Exercise equipment: There are more in-home options than ever before, including treadmills, exercise bikes and weight sets. Consider upgrading your in-home gym with a Peleton, Bowflex, NordicTrack or other next-level workout equipment.
Want to read more content like this? Subscribe below today with only an email address!